[Gpdd] Health/Breeding

Cachet Gems cachet at cachetgems.com
Fri Dec 31 12:49:23 EST 2004

A couple of days ago when I came home from work I discovered a bad thing.  Spanky (female) who lives with her Mom, Rosie, had some how gotten in the the same cage with her Dad, Rudy.  I don't know how long she was in there, sometime during the day.  I hope she kept her morals under control.  Or her Dad, Rudy hopefully kept himself behaved.  But I worry about 2 things. One, Spanky is over 1 1/2 years old, too old to breed.  And 2, if there are babies their health. Inbreeding and all.  This is totally unusual, her getting in his cage.  They've been next door since she was born and neither ever tried or could get over the sides, they are at least a foot tall.  Pigs don't fly!
    Any suggestions on what I can do now? Or how I can tell this early if she is pregnant?
    Why can't they make a birth control to put in their food?  I mean they have meds to give your dog to make fleas sterile.  And the risk, cost, etc, has kept me from having any of them spayed or neutered. I just have the 3 now (Rudy, Rosie, & Spanky) But I often pig sit, foster or rescue when there is a need.

Linda, slave to Rudy, Rosie, and Spanky.