[Gpdd] Re: Announcement: Seasons not JUST for joy

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Fri Dec 31 14:35:20 EST 2004

I would like to offer my condolences on the loss of KATIE especially at this
time of year. I am sure that her crossing the bridge I the manner she did
while you were away had to come as even more of a shock than any of us could have
imagined. Regardless, loosing her is no less devastating to ones heart. To
blame yourself for any aspect of this CJ would be unfair to yourself. I don't
believe there is a one of us that have not at one time or another left our
beloved little guys or girls with someone because of a trip we had to make, be it
business or pleasure. We do so for a variety off reasons ranging from where we
are going does not support pets to the stress involved for our little piggies.
So we leave them with someone we TRUST and have FAITH in. There would have
been no reason why you would have brought her to your vet because she offered no
outward signs of being sick. Sometimes a very bad set of coincidences take
place and nothing you could have done would have stopped it. I believe that is
what occurred. As for your neighbors resolve and poor judgment is sadly what so
many people believe of these little miracles. They are "small" and there by
are simply replaceable. WE ALL KNOW DIFFERENTLY but you are faced with a
quandary I do agree.  You have before you the result of a tragic crossing of your
little KATIE and the face of a new little guy/girl full of hope I'm sure bursting
with love and YES it is NOT KATIE, but could KATIE have left this world to
meet our boy at the bridge to allow you to give to this new life placed before
you???? I am the last to say replace your KATIE for I could NEVER replace our
GEORGE, but her passing was not the norm. KATIE's is one in a million and for
all things there are reasons, reasons WE will NEVER understand. What you have
before you IS just that one in a million. There lies within this white little
bundle of life the hope of being loved. If you are not able to offer that now,
I completely understand. I know you would never have gone out and tried to
replace KATIE but neither is this little guy/girl trying to do that. Let your
heart speak to you...for in what you have written of KATIE, it speaks well.

Sincerely,

Joseph C. Petrillo GEORGE the guinea pigs daddy forever