[Gpdd] [care] fungal infection & Nizorel

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 1 15:44:12 EST 2004

Hi.  I finally got Nizorel shampoo a few days ago and washed my pigs with it.  Poor Cupcakers has a pretty bad fungal infection.  I shampooed him up and started plucking his hair out which he hated immensely.  Lucky for him and me he only mostly had it down on his rear end and that is where all his tufts of hair was coming out.  I rinsed him off and shampooed him up again.  I am going to bathe him again tonight.  So far, his skin is looking good and his hair isn't coming out anymore like that.  Hopefully Nizorel will clear this up.  My other guinea pig which I also bathed only has some hair loss under his chin but I wasn't able to put out any of his hair.  Bet he was glad.
I will let you all know if Nizorel works completely.  But I am still on the search for Mane & Tail Pro tect shampoo.  I have heard it is good for ringworm, and other fungal and skin problems.

Lisa