[Gpdd] health- Lenny and that operation

joy smith gpdiva at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 2 13:08:08 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

Lenny (head nurse, poo trail) castrated, he was just over a year old, had
been fighting with his Dad and we did not want to separate them. He did ok
but sulked at us for a while, I don't know if it was pain but he did not
complain too much, ate ok and drank ok, was very good about not gnawing on
his stitches but did have a great deal of fuss made of him!
We deliberated for some considerable time though, piggies are very
vulnerable under anaesthetic and need intensive nursing post-op, but Lenny
has calmed down a lot and is very cuddly and lovely- his hair is very soft
too, don't know if that is because of the op or his diet.
Ultimately it is a decision not taken lightly with discussions with your
vet.

Best wishes

Joy and Sarah Smith
Oxford uk slaves to Lenny, Neo and Sam, Horace, Gizmo and Badger and
Angelina and India, remembering Barney, Lenny's father and the beautiful
Sprite.