[Gpdd] RE: [HEALTH] Diarhea & Itching

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Mon Feb 2 14:35:33 EST 2004

For the diarhea you might try Wet Tail - you should be able to get it at
your
animal supply store.  The instructions are on the box, but basically you
give
a small amount with the medicine dropper in the box once or twice a day.
I gave this to Snowy for about a week and she was fine.
For the itching, I asked a friend here who has raised piggies and other
animals
for years what she does. If it is an infection, ivermectin is good. For
basic
dry skin (common this time of year), add some shelled sunflower seeds
(unsalted)
to their diet.
Peter Gurney is excellent if you can get one of his books.
But for anything serious or that just won't respond to treatment, I wouldn't
hesitate to call a vet.
Susi and the Okie Piggies