[Gpdd] [MISC] Eating habits

Varga, Brandi 'CONTR' 'WGM' VargaB at tacom.army.mil
Tue Feb 3 11:21:14 EST 2004

This might be a weird question but I'm a "newbie" to the Guinea Pig
experience and just want to make sure that I'm feeding him all the proper
things.  My 3 month old Guinea Pig, Beanie, is kind of fickle about what he
will eat. He seems to LOVE his Alf Alfa but hardly eats anything else so
I've been trying lots of new things with him.  He doesn't seem to enjoy
fruit much, I've tried oranges, gapes and banana's but he only nibbles a bit
then ignores it. I've also tried Carrots, fresh spinach, lettuce and green
pepper but again, he didn't seem interested.  Recently, I tried a washed
kidney bean and he loved it.  Before I continue on with this treat I wanted
to make sure if its okay.  I want him to eat more then just his Alf-Alfa as
I'm sure that won't meet all his dietary needs. Can you please direct me?
Thank you,
Brandi