[Gpdd]Behavior

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Thu Feb 5 13:37:13 EST 2004

Hi Jussy-
We can probably all identify with your early concerns over your new piggies.
When I first got CocoPuff I thought he was a wild thing! I already had a
cage
(with Snowy in it), so my son toted CP in a box. When he handed the box off
to his brother to bring him the rest of the way to me, they of course opened
the box for a peek, and in a flash CP shot out like a rocket into midair!
They barely caught him before he hit the ground.  When son #2 got him home,
while waiting for me to get there, he again opened the box (they're slow
learners!), again CP shot out like a flash, this time up his arm! He grabbed
him and stuck him back in the box, where he stayed til I got there.
So I was sure he was very wild and would take much time to gentle down
(being used to handling horses).  Now I know he was just scared to death,
sure
that these huge beasts were about to eat him. Now CocoPuff is the calmest
and
sweetest thing . . . but Lil' Whistle acts almost as jumpy when I try to
catch him.
Once I pick him up and hold him close, he's OK (though he does like to sit
on
my shoulder, nestled into my hair!).  I don't worry about him, I know he'll
calm
down as he gets a little older (and wiser).  Reading to him really seems to
help.
Aside from that, you're right to ask about things as soon as you notice
them,
the way piggies seem to get so sick so fast.  Don't be afraid to ask
questions!
Piggie hugs and kisses,
Susi and the Okie Piggies
Snowy, CocoPuff and Lil' Whistle