[Gpdd] RE: [HEALTH] <Piggy "heat">

Lauren Cordeiro lauren_cordeiro at student.uml.edu
Thu Feb 5 22:13:02 EST 2004

Hi Selena. I don't believe there's a change in smell when females are in heat (not one that i noticed anyway). Sometimes when she is going in heat, a female may try to mount her cagemates, although I've never had this experience with my Piglet (who is now neutered). Probably if you notice anything at all it would be a change in behavior. In general I don't think GPs are supposed to smell bad, so if they do you might consider giving them a bath with some critter or puppy shampoo. My male, though, will rub his butt all over certain things, which will make them smell like butt. (I'm not sure if that's a helpful or completely icky and unnecessary comment)
Lauren, Piglet and Pooh Bear
P.S. what is "dinglebutt" - should i ask ;)?