[GPDD] MISC re: cages

Renee Roszkowski rrgallop44 at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 6 20:53:06 EST 2004

As long as you are sure they are both females, putting them together may
be appropriate. There are many options for cages. One of the best that
I've seen is building your own. They get a lot more space and it's a lot
less expensive for you. Take a look at www.CavyCages.com    They have
lots of good ideas. I did this for my girls. It gives them a lot of
space. It also cost a lot less than most pet store cages. Piggies should
not have wire bottomed cages. They can get bumblefoot and can get their
legs and feet caught. This can lead to broken feet, legs, and hips.
Also, you might have to keep them separated with a divider for a little
while until they get used to being in the same cage and sharing space.
Don't get discouraged if they don't get along in the same cage. This
happens. Good luck!

Renee, Mary and Molly, Patches, Kate and Dora, Flash

Renee Roszkowski
Independant Beauty Consultant
www.marykay.com/ReneeRoszkowski