[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] Pain as a "prey" animal

Olddiva at aol.com Olddiva at aol.com
Sat Feb 7 14:38:32 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I rarely post to the digest.  I much prefer reading and
learning....aka...lurking.

I was just watching Animal Planet between 130p-2pmEST.  it was a program on
wolves and wolf packs, etc.  I wasn't watching carefully but i distincly heard
them say, " since it is a prey animal (i do not know what animal they were
referring to), they have an automatic mechanism which does not allow them to feel
pain".  Since guinea pigs are "prey", i can only hope they cannot feel pain
when they are being attacked.  i just thought it was an interesting piece of
information.  Perhaps, helpful to those of us who are dealing with rescues,
fighting, etc.

let me wish all of you a very happy and healthy wheek.

My sincerest condolences for those who suffered a loss recently.

Let the healing begin................kathy