[Gpdd] HEALTH: Piggies very low temp and the runs

nancy.mckenna at cox.net nancy.mckenna at cox.net
Sat Feb 7 17:26:18 EST 2004

I just came back from the vet with my 3pound black and
white American.  It was recommended that I leave Mr.
Rumpy in the hospital for the weekend in their
incubator.  His temperature was so low that it didn't
register on the thermometer!  I noticed him spazming
from his head and front when I got back from groceries
today.  He had the runs too.  Just laying there with his
eyes unresponsive.

After a shot and a  and fluids, the vet sent me home
with enrofloxacin and critical care.  I am to keep him
warm until Monday when he can draw blood and find
out  what is wrong.  I think he's dying.

I've got him in a square plastic trash can (clean) with an
electric blanket on medium , towles on top of that and
Mr. Rumpy with another towel on top that  He feels
warm when I touch him, and he is resting, but he is still
limp and not wanting anything to eat.  I'll give him
Critical Care right away.