[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Update on Petunia's poppers!

judith sharamitaro shim1990 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 20:29:02 EST 2004

Hi ~ I thought I would update you all on Petunia's five babies.  They are three weeks old tomorrow, and growing like weeds!  They are a very happy bunch, and keep us entertained with all their hijinx.  When my husband gets home from work, I have seven piggies squealing to him for romaine!

Bandit had to be separated from the rest over the weekend.  The only boy in the bunch (desoite several false identifications), he has gotten decidedly frisky, and I couldn't risk him getting one of the girls pregnant.  He and three of the girls will be off to their new homes on Feb. 23.  While I know they have great homes, I'm already sad at the thought of them going!  Corkster, who looks just like my darling Corky (over the bridge)  will stay here with Petunia and Porky.

Speaking of Porky...what fun she had with the babies!  I never thought she would take so well to them.  She's so patient and gentle with them -but she still lets Petunia know who's the alpha!  Petunia, I can tell, is getting tired of caring for her brood, and is more and more resuming the role of Porky's"baby".  (They aren't related, however.)

Thanks to all who have given me advice and good wishes...it was a wonderful experience!
                                                           Judi, Porky, Petunia, and the babies
                                             Remembering forever Gaylord and Corky