[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Re: human Asthma

Roy & Sophia roy-sophia at ecosse.net
Tue Feb 10 05:32:24 EST 2004

Hello Roberta,

I have diagnosed asthma four years now and several times I admitted to the
E.R. Since six moths old I was living with dogs and cats and from time to
time some small animals like hamsters and squirrels.
I was also doing horse riding. When I was diagnosed with Asthma the doctor
did all the proper tests for me to find out triggers. By observing as well
and from experience he saw that there was no need for me to abandon my cat
and dog at that time.
We have 5 guinea pigs now for six  months and so far I haven't developed an
asthma attack. We also have a cat and a dog.
What my doctor in Greece had advised me is not to have carpets from wall to
wall which causes dust mites to live in. In the summer I'm always taking out
the rugs and in my bedroom there's only a small rug in the winter.
He also told me to buy one of these vacuum cleaners which can shampoo as
well. He didn't recommended anything about bathing the animals more often.
I don't know if  I have helped you somehow maybe your asthma is different
than mine, but from mine experience I've learned to live normally, and keep
all of my animals around me.
My vet told me that bathing every week can be affect their immune system,
they need natural oils for their skin and hairs. In various books about
guineas its recommended only to bathe them  at least once every three
months, unless they're very dirty. I bath them once every two months.
If you need anymore information don't hesitate to contact me.
Wish you the best of health.

Greetings

Sophia ( & Roy )