[Gpdd] [CARE] <piggy wiggy>

Lauren Cordeiro lauren_cordeiro at student.uml.edu
Tue Feb 10 21:30:07 EST 2004

Welcome Piggy Wiggy and we hope you get much better soon. Do you give him a vitamin supplement, tim hay, and good GP pellets? I would talk to your vet, who knows your GPs current condition, whether you should at this time get him a companion, only because pneumonia is contagious (at least in humans). I had pneumonia once. I'll try to magically send some of my antibodies over to him. :). Oh, get better Piggy Wiggy! I work at PetsMart, which isn't a horrible petstore, but, I have realized, petstores suck anyway, because although the people I work with are fortunately caring and responsible, I can totally see how someone uninformed, lazy, or uncaring could neglect signs of an illness in a pig, and not seek treatment like they are supposed to. No organization whose main focus is profit can ever be expected to voluntarily ensure full care is taken to their animals. And it's not like the gov't cares to enforce animal welfare standards - like remember the "Farm Bill" and the amendment proposed by Jesse Helms to permanently exclude rats, mice and birds from the animal welfare act, basically because it would cost researchers too much money and inconvenient paperwork. OK, now I'm ranting. But I do like "Animal Cops" on Animal Planet, they do some good work.
I'm sorry for ranting when I should be thinking of Piggy Wiggy. Sending our love and little piggie kisses and magical antibodies,
Piglet, Pooh Bear and Lauren