[Gpdd] RE: [CARE] <sweet potatoes - dash not drinking>

Lauren Cordeiro lauren_cordeiro at student.uml.edu
Tue Feb 10 22:01:44 EST 2004

What I have heard is that any green in potatoes and also those little potato thingies that grow of of potatoes, those weird things, are poisonous to guinea pigs, but cooked potatoes should be OK. But I have heard conflicting ideas on potato skins. The cucumbers and bell peppers are probably a good idea for hydrating him. Does the water from your tap taste like crap? In my old house it did so I used the Brita filtered water to feed the cats. But I am not sure if watery vegetables are more laxitative, which means they may cause him to lose more water than he gains (but I'm not sure on this). Try putting a little flavor, like cranberry juice (high in vit C) in his water. Also - raw beans, including green beans, are Poisonous!!! Watch out for those. Oh, and you are feeding him a commercial GP food, right? You could probably get away w/ feeding him hay and veggies, but you'd have to monitor his nutritional intake closely, so it's easier w/ the pellets that have it already figured out for you. Good luck,
Lauren, Piglet and Pooh Bear