[Gpdd] Misc: Rodents or not? (& a bit of virtual)

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Wed Feb 11 20:40:22 EST 2004

Hi --
     I was just reading that rabbits are not rodents but that guinea pigs
are.
       Guinea pigs and porcupines also are thought by many not to be true
rodents. Admittedly, my guys (GPs) are known as "The Three Jolly Rodents," but I
believe they began calling themselves that  ;)  after hearing rodents so
maligned and then learning that rodents (that group of usually small animals
including guinea pigs) were generally able to fly only in "cargo class" when they
traveled by air.
       Otherwise, there are several of you to whom I owe a personal email.
Thanks for the inquiries about my health and forgive my tardiness or lack of a
reply. Shall we say I'm "hanging in"? And hoping for renewed energy in the
spring. In the meantime, lifting the piggies from their cages -- one at a time --
briefly totally depletes me.
       However, I don't plan to leave my GPs orphaned so I'll keep on keepin'
on as Dylan has said in at least one song.  :)
       My deepest sympathies to those have have ailing piggies or who have
lost a little guy recently. The tributes to these little guys are deeply moving
-- heart wrenching actually. But these cavies were well loved, and quality of
life means so much.

Alge