[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Not Eating - Spike

Crystal Lewis crystlew33 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 21:33:30 EST 2004

Hi all,

Well it's been almost a week since Spike stopped taking his Baytril and
although he seemed to be slowly getting better he appears to be going down
hill again.  Don't know his weight yet (I don't have a scale that will
register his weight) we are going to the vet for a weigh in tomorrow.
While I'm there I'm going to speak to her about the possibility of his
having gas and perhaps she can give us a prescription for Reglan.

I am stumped!  I have no idea what is wrong with him.  I'm just grasping
at straws at this point.

He doesn't have symptoms that it could be his teeth (slobbering,
exaggerated ear movement...) plus he eats pellets when I put them into his
mouth... except sometimes he will start to eat veggies and then spit them
out, but if his molars were over grown he would still drink and he's not
even doing that on his own.   I checked him for impaction... and although
I am not sure I am doing it right I am not finding anything in there.  I
went to the Guinea Lynx page and used there instructions, I just don't
want to squeeze too hard.

Or does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong?

I'm too the point where I am thinking in drastic terms.  I don't want to
let him suffer.  When I'm at the vet tomorrow I am going to make an
appointment to have him xrayed to check for a blockage.  I adore this
little guy and this it is breaking my heart to see him like this.  He
seems uncomfortable.

Sadly,
Crystal... slave to little Spike
remembering always, my angels, Tribble & Quincy