[Gpdd] [Health] syringe advice

Ginger Fitzsimmons matildalucet at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 11 19:16:53 EST 2004

I'm trying to administer medicine orally via syringe to a piggy who
apparently doesn't think much of the taste. I've never syringe-fed
before, so it's possible he doesn't think much of my technique either.
How does one typically do this? I've been holding Niles in my lap and
aiming at his waving mouth until I can get the opening into his mouth
and then squirting at a moderate pace. I don't want to choke him. I'd
love to see it get in instead of on. He's not giving me any hints -
help!

-ginger
foster mom to Niles