[Gpdd] [Health] Re: syringe advice

Christina Asato lightningbolt at rocketmail.com
Thu Feb 12 00:15:23 EST 2004

We had to syringe feed our GP medicine after surgery. Previously we noticed that when drinking water on a daily basis, our GP would naturally take in up to an inch of the water spout into his mouth, so we figured that putting the tip of the syringe into his mouth would not be harmful to him as long as we were careful. I would wrap the pig up in a towel and hold him facing my fiancee, who would then gently but firmly hold his Panda's head still and insert the tip of the syringe into his mouth. You may have to put up with some wriggling and grunting, but in the end most of it went where it ws suppose to.

There is a website that has some information about this topic as well:
http://www.guinealynx.com/medications.html#dosing
I hope that helps!

Christina, Adam and Panda