[Gpdd] [CARE] <Incorrect information at pettribune.com>

Gillian Hayward gillianhayward at oakwoodacorns.co.uk
Sun Feb 15 17:17:52 EST 2004

Hi Deb

I managed to find the website for the Peninsula Humane Society.

 It's www.peninsulahumanesociety.org  Their email is pawmaster at peninsulahumanesociety.org
Please find below a copy of the email that I sent them.

Dear PHS

A fellow guinea pig lover has alerted me to some incorrect information on a website called www.pettribune.com that is credited as being supplied by your organisation. If you enter the website you will find a link on the left hand side for "departments" click this and then select "exotics" then select "guinea pigs."

Guinea pigs should not live in wire bottomed cages as this can cause injuries to their feet. I'm not surprised that guinea pigs like sitting on shelves if they are put in the sort of cage that you recommend! By the way, guinea pigs do not store food in their bedding, I think you are confusing them with hamsters.

I only hope that the website crediting you as the source of this information have done so erroneously. I would be grateful if you could correct this information as it could potentially harm the creatures that your organisation aims to help.

I look forward to receiving your comments.

Gillian Hayward

Hope it does some good Deb, and thanks for highlighting it to the rest of us on the GPdd.