[Gpdd] Silly: Code of Conduct

robyn ferguson robyn_ferguson at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 15 22:19:55 EST 2004

Those of you following the digest lately will know that my girl Lucy has
been living on babyfood as she will not eat solids due to stomach problems.
I was cleaning out the hutch on the weekend and discovered a scrap of paper
tucked away in the corner. Opening it, I read:

Code Of Conduct for Unwell Piggies

By Lucy Ferguson

1) I will eat lots of babyfood. This will make mummy happy, but it might
also make her think she's the boss of me. So I will pick just ONE obscure
flavour and refuse everything else. This will drive mummy nuts! Hee hee hee.

2) Mummy worries about me. I can fix this by making mummy too busy to worry.
If I get babyfood absolutely EVERYWHERE, mummy will be too busy doing
laundry to worry. I have done a good deed!

3) Mummy worries about me, so I will give her kisses to make her feel
better. When mummy goes to work I can't give her kisses and she will start
to worry again. If I kiss her clothes with babyfood on my mouth, the kisses
will stay and when she finds them, halfway through the day, it will be a
nice surprise for her. Aren't I a nice piglet!

4) Even though I'm not eating my vegetables, there's not reason I shouldn'e
steal Lexie's bit of carrot and run away. Chase me Lexie!

5) All the hip, young piglets are wearing their medicines on the outside.
Nobody actually swallows medicine these days. I want to be down and funky
with the piglets! Aw, mum, you're so uncool!

Oh, dear.
I think I may have raised a minx! Still, now I am wise to her little ways.
Wise, covered in baby food (all the one flavour), loaded down with mucky
towels and clothes and a little tired, but wise nonetheless.
I can't be grumpy with a piglet who walks up to my chin to give me kisses!

Robyn.