[Gpdd] [CARE] housing two male guinea pigs together

laurabutler rbutler17 at cox.net
Mon Feb 16 00:05:06 EST 2004

I had two males together, one  quite a bit older housed together in a
large cage. They were introduced at the same time. The large male
'continually'  humped the smaller. So, i got another cage to separate
them. However, when I let them out at the same tiem to play, they race
over to each other and "snuggle" and coo. Is it possible, they liked
the previous arrangement? They almost seem lonely now. What do you
suggest?
My husband suggests the caged arrangement was a little too prison
like....the little one havingno choice in the matter.

Puzzled,

Laura Butler