[Gpdd] Mr. Rumpy update

nancy.mckenna at cox.net nancy.mckenna at cox.net
Tue Feb 17 11:43:42 EST 2004

Since Mr. Rumpy was on antibiotics and his poos were still nor normal, I took him with me to Yuma area to play with the quads out on the dunes.  He stayed in the camper along with Cinnimon with mounds of timmothy hay.  The second day we were there his poos were almost normal for the first time in eight days.  Yippee!  The third day, they were not normal, but not sludgy.  The bad part is that I forgot to pack the Baytril, so he had no medicine for the three days and he actually looks and acts like he is all recovered except for the not-so-hard-yet poos.

He did receive pedialite unflavored about 5 times per day and after each, got a small amount of kale.  Since he got Kale so did Cinnamon.  It got to where Mr. Rumpy happily took his pedialite and then would start smelling the air and being active waiting on his treat.  Of course whenever I was hand feeding Rumpy, Cinnamon would come out of his igloo and excitedly wait to get his treat too.

Gosh, if people only knew how cool the piggies are!
I'm debating whether or not to start him back up on the Baytrill since it looks like being off the medicine keeps his poops better.  The vet had said I would need to switch to a different antibiotic after about a week or two to finish the full 3-4 week regemin for his liver infection.

Does anyone have any advise on this?  I am really tempted to call him well, and to heck with two to three more weeks of antibiotics.