[Gpdd] [CARE] Oxbow hay question

Heather Cougar heather.cougar at simmons.edu
Tue Feb 17 22:10:35 EST 2004

The only extra ingredient that I have ever heard of being in the small bags of Oxbow hay would be the wedding ring of the company president, which he lost shortly before Christmas while bagging Western Timothy and was believed to have ended up in a 15 oz. bag.

Oxbow is the only hay Niles gets excited over, so I'm hoping someone has information about this possible ingredient and the worry turns out to be just an urban legend.

I do know that rabbit feeds (pellets, not hay, although perhaps one could put it on hay) contain an ingredient to prevent disease which can be lethal to pigs, which is why rabbit pellet feed should never be given to pigs. It's likely that this may also be the case in Oxbow's line of pellet feeds. But I have never heard anything about the hay, so far.

Heather (and Niles)