[Gpdd] [CARE] Weight

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Wed Feb 18 07:41:38 EST 2004

Mary

I weigh my 13 "Dolly Mixtures" (beloved piggies of non-pedigree origin) once
a month. I just checked on their weights for this month, and see my heaviest
female, Muscade, weighs in at 2.84 lbs, and my lightest female, Ambrée, weighs
1.62 lbs. Muscade was a rescued mum who had been used for breeding by a
somewhat uncaring French woman (the infamous "crocodile lady", for those who
remember the tragic tale), so I have no idea of her age. Ambrée was a young piggie
bought for me last May.

I only have two males. Claude, who was one year old on 15th November, weighs
2.19 lbs, and Red Dandy, who was one year old on 3rd February (and brother to
my precious paraplegic piggie Cherub, who crossed the Bridge on 10th March
2003) weighs 2.01 lbs.

I have to say, it is a bit worrying that most of their weights seem to be
creeping up and up, and the girls in particular do seem to look a bit on the
"podgy" side. But so long as they don't exceed the 3.5 lb mark, I think I'll spare
them a reducing diet - they'll get more exercise once it's warm enough to be
outside running around on the lawn again in the summer. Having held poor
wasted Guinness, I would be far more concerned if they started to lose weight
steadily.

Condolences to all whose piggies have recently crossed The Bridge

Debbie (slave to Cannelle, Muscade, Poivre, Soulage, Argentée, Boulotte,
Sable, Ambrée, Nuage, Caramel, Gisele, Claude and Red Dandy, and forever
remembering Cherub, Etincelle, Etoile, Huppé, Ourson, Cayenne and Bâfreur)