[Gpdd] [HEATLH] - Howie

Sarah semitchll at netzero.net
Wed Feb 18 12:57:50 EST 2004

I am back again and in need of more advice concerning Howie. First the good thing. The problem with his testicle has cleared up. He is eating a little on his own (not enough so I am still feeding him).

Now the bad stuff. I noticed blood in his urine and so I took him to the vet. He has what appears in the x-ray to be a stone. Also, it appears he has pretty bad arthritis. Does anyone have any info on arthritis in cavies? Is there anything I can give him to ease the pain? I know there are many folks out there that have had cavies with bladder stones. Any advice would be appreciated. I am taking him back to the vet for a follow up x-ray on Friday. She wants to make sure it is actually a stone in bladder and not something in the intestine. He will continue with the baytril. I am supposed to try to get a urine sample from him. Any advice on how to do this?
Thanks in advance,
Sarah and Howie