[Gpdd] Health: flying pig

Chizeck, Susan P chizeck at utdallas.edu
Wed Feb 18 15:52:04 EST 2004

I have had a flying pig myself.  I was holding Mattie in a towel and
when he saw his cage he got so excited he leapt from my arms to the
cage.  However, he missed the cage, hit the side and fell to the ground,
about 3 feet down.  He sat there stunned.  Since he didn't cry when
touched or picked up, we ended up putting him back in his cage and he's
been fine for years.  I think it made his hip feel funny, but no one
else concurs with me.  They seem to be adaptable creatures!

Sue Chizeck

I was holding honey near her cage...and my brother accidently opened a
door

too quickly and it scared Honey! She jumped out of my lap towards the
cage,

and her stomache hit a divider in the cage. She then fell backwards and

landed on her side. The total distance she fell was less than a metre
but i

was so worried about her. I've checked her out and she appears to be

uninjured. She's quite frightened of me now, but all will be well in
time.

happy days to all! justine