[Gpdd] re: [BREEDING] <Okasa>

Lauren Cordeiro lauren_cordeiro at student.uml.edu
Wed Feb 18 22:39:42 EST 2004

Hi Holly and Okasa,
I believe gps are pregnant usually for about 10 weeks. I'm pretty sure though that her abdomen would be firm if she were pregnant. Try gently feeling around her abdomen area and feel if it is firm or squishy. As far as car rides, my guinea pigs have done it a bunch of times to go to the vet and the park, and usually they don't seem very stressed out. (My cats, on the other hand..) I suggest taking a kennel cab, the kind sized for cats or small dogs, and putting bedding on the bottom, as well as many cozy blankets to snuggle in. It is easy to attach a water bottle to the doors of these cages, and of course give them plenty of hay and pellets for the ride. If it's possible, put the GPs together as mine seem to take comfort from each other (although they are always together). Good luck,
Lauren, Pooh Bear and Piglet