[Gpdd] [CARE] Bedding

Susan Glancy sglancy at lawsoncompanies.com
Thu Feb 19 13:44:30 EST 2004

Hi!

I have been using towel bedding for my two females, Sniffles and Poopsie
(named by my 5 year old son! :-)).  I recently read some posts regarding
puppy pads.  I like the towels much better than other alternatives; however,
they do need changed frequently and it also results in a lot of extra
laundry.  The puppy pads appealed to me b/c they are made to soak up the
urine and mask the smell.  Is anyone using them?  If so, could you tell me
how often you need to change them and if you use anything over top of them.
Also, is the plastic underneath a problem with the pigs ingesting it or do
they leave it alone?  I appreciate the advice as I am always looking for
cheap and efficient ways to provide bedding that the pigs will be happy
with.

Sue, Sniffles, Poopsie and assorted other pets