[Gpdd] Health: weighing in

Carla Martinez cmartinez36 at houston.rr.com
Thu Feb 19 10:51:01 EST 2004

Wheeks! I am catching up on some digests from the past few days and was
interested in a couple of posts about weight. I bought a kitchen scale and
enjoying weighing my guys every now and then. I have two adult boars, about
18 months old.

The other day Snowball weighed 1650 kg or 3lbs, 10 ounces. Snickers weighed
1450 kg or 3 lb. 3 ounces.  From observing other cavies at a guinea pig
show, they seem about average for their breeds. I don't think Snowball is
overweight because he doesn't look plump when he walks ( I mean, waddles).
No, he looks svelte like he gets his exercise

Funny enough, with all his silkie hair Snickers looks about the same size as
Snowball. Since he wins most of their occassional 'nose-raising' contests it
makes me wonder if personality is more of a determiner of dominance than
size? They have been together since babyhood but maybe Snickers is slightly
older. Factors in dominance and personality . . . .Maybe Snowball knows he
could push Snickers around if he wanted to but he's just not interested in
being the chief? hmmm,  . . .hope all iswell with you and yours.

warm wheeks,
Carla with S & S (~..~) (~..~)