[Gpdd] [HEALTH/EATING]

Jaffe, Merle merle.jaffe at thomson.com
Thu Feb 19 17:39:47 EST 2004

Just adopted a 1.5 year old little girl from a shelter (long story).  She is
very skittish and we are trying to work with her since our dearly-departed
piggy was a bold, free-range male (who was a big hay consumer). Question:
she has no interest in timothy hay and I'm getting a little worried that she
is missing an important part of her diet (she does go through a lot of
pellets).  Any suggestions about how to get her started?  I keep throwing
out the untouched hay and adding fresh hoping the fragrance will entice her.
Unfortunately I know absolutely nothing about her background -- she didn't
even have a name on the shelter records.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.