[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Spike

Crystal Lewis crystlew33 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 20:01:01 EST 2004

Hi Everyone,

It is with immense sadness that I have to make this announcement today.  My precious little Spike made the journey across the bridge on Tuesday, February 17, 2004.

We had been struggling in the last few weeks trying to determine what was wrong with him.  He had stopped eating over 3 weeks ago and I'd been hand feeding him.  The vet noticed that his molars had began to over grow so we decided to have the vet take a closer look and trim them down.  While under anaesthesia he was laying in just the right position and she could clearly see a mass in his abdomen.  It was determined that he had a tumour on his kidney.  So with a heavy heart I made the only choice I could, and with the vets assistance my precious little boy made his final journey and crossed the bridge to be with his pals Tribble & Quincy.

Even though my chubby little guy had lost so much weight and was skin and bone at the end I will always remember him as a fluffy round boy... I will remember how on the first day he ran up my sleeve.  I think he was trying to hide from me...:) I will always remember him wheeking so hard for his supper he would literally lift off the ground.  I will remember how he snuggled up under my neck.  I will remember how he would look up at me with those big black eyes, and how I could see that he was telling me that he loved me.  I will never forget that the last thing he did was run up my sleeve, but this time I believe it was to get closer to me (and away from the vet.)  Kind of like we came full circle.

Spike was only 3 years old (he actually turned 3 on Valentine's day) when he left me but in that 3 years we had so much love.  So many special times and such warm memories.  I am sure that someday I will smile every time I think about him.

I also wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who took time and thought into helping us during this time.  The advice we received was so valued and knowing that so many wonderful people were pulling for him to get better... well, I just can't express how that made me feel.  I am so proud of us as a community.  We can love and support each other and all the piggies of the world.  What a beautiful gift the GPDD is to us all.

Thank you all.
Crystal...
Sadly remembering, my angels, Tribble, Quincy, & Spike