[Gpdd] Re: The Crossing over of Spike

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Fri Feb 20 20:43:52 EST 2004

I want to offer my sincere condolences to Crystal on the passing of her
little guy, SPIKE. It's so sad to know that he had so little time here on this
earth but I am sure from reading Crystals account of him he fit a great deal of
love into that short time. I say a short time but that is so subjective. In our
life which seems to extend forever, our little loved ones lifespan on average
of about 5 - 6 years is truly a blink of an eye, a hiccup in time yet in that
time be it 3 or 9 our little guys and girls can FILL a heart with smiles and
memories enough to last 10 of OUR lifetimes. Such was what SPIKE must have done
in his microsecond with his mommy. I am sure that as you read this Crystal,
your heart will open a kaleidoscope of all the funny things SPIKE did, how he
made you know SO often how much HE loved YOU and how he KNEW you loved him. I
can only imagine how difficult if must have been to watch him getting smaller
and it fills my eyes to think of watching that happen. So your decision to help
him across the bridge, although so very difficult, was saving him from so
much more pain and misery. He is now whole again, eating all his favorite things
right from the ground as fresh as they could be. Wheeking like mad for being
whole again and not suffering like he had been in the end and so looking
forward to saying "thank you mommy for loving me so much" when the time comes to be
reunited with him and your other furry little guys. Make NO mistake doing what
you had to was truly an act of love one that with the grace of God I will
never have to do. For now matter how much love you have, letting go is tearing a
part of your heart out. Our little guys and girls ARE what smiles are made of
and what breaking hearts were meant for. Once again, I am so sorry for your
loss and proud of you for not being selfish and loving SPIKE so much you would
let him go.

Sincerely,

Joseph C. Petrillo, George the guinea pigs daddy