[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <Broken Tooth>

Pablo Llopez pllopez at attglobal.net
Sun Feb 22 20:26:06 EST 2004

Trying to trim on my own the bottom teeth of my piggy Pelut, one of them
broke off from the base. Not quite at the gum line, but very low. After
this incident I had him under observation for a few days to detect any
change of behaviour, but everything seemed normal despite the broken bottom
tooth.
A couple of weeks later though, I noticed the remaining bottom tooth had
broken off too on its own and at the gum line. Then I decided to take him
to the Vet. My Vet does dental work on all kind of small animals. Pelut was
experiencing a little bit of pain eating, therefore he had lost some weight
despite his appetite and will to eat as always. He has put him under
Critical Care to prevent weight loss and Metacam for pain relief for his
teeth and make eating easier for him.
What still concerns me though, is that the bottom tooth that broke at the
gum line, does not seem to be regrowing. Anyone with a similar experience
that can give me some insight?

Thank you in advance

Poricos, Pelut and Pablo