[Gpdd] Care: Dandelions and Giant Guinea Pigs

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Tue Feb 24 03:14:47 EST 2004

Hi Carla,
       It's been a while since seeing you here.
       Yeah -- just regular ole backyard (or front yard) dandelions. Just not
dandelions from near the curb where car exhausts can contaminate them. And no
pesticides on them of course. (I hope you don't have your lawn treated.)
       I was asking all these same questions last spring -- carefully
separating the flowers and flower stems from the leaves, only to be told by members
here that the whole dandelion is good for them. And sure enough, they love
them. And what a sight to see them enthusiastically munching those bright yellow
flowers! (ok -- gobbling them!) Finally, a reason to welcome those "common long
leafed spiky dandelion weeds."
       You'll feel so purposeful outside with your extra large plastic bag
harvesting dandelions for your little furry friends.

And: Beware of turning down giant guinea pigs demanding romaine!
       For curiosity, I looked up a kg/lb converter online and it seems that
249 kilos is 548.95 lbs. (At 1000 kilos one could rightfully say "those guinea
pigs weigh a ton!") I would not want to deny a piggy of that size much of
anything. What do you feed a 2,000 pound guinea pig? Anything he or she wants!

Alge
and the "Three Jolly Rodents" (all of whom seem to like the idea of becoming
towering, imposing GPs for a day!)