[Gpdd] HEALTH: Foods

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Tue Feb 24 14:13:01 EST 2004

Tara-
It sure sounds like you have an Apple Monster on your hands!  hehehe
I wouldn't think a little bit of apple would hurt him.  I usually add some
apple to their Buffet each day - not a lot, but for variety.  I cut a small
one
in half cross-wise, cut the core out and score the skin so they can't get
a big piece of it stuck in their teeth.  It is set on top of mixed lettuce
and
other greens, surrounded by strips of baby carrots, with parsley and celery
tops coming out of the top of the apple.  They love it!  Snowy still takes
the
apple out and sets it to the side (we've battled over this many times!).
So they get a variety every day, and maybe if you add something with the
apple he'll eventually learn to eat some other things. Have you tried
spinach leaves?  We also have to have some fresh clover and grass before
breakfast and dinner, which is quite a trick this time of year!
I've heard that they can develop a liking for something if you continue
to offer it now and then, so don't give up!  (he can smell the apple
juice??!!)
Susi and the OP's