[Gpdd] Care: dandelions?

Susan Eastin susan at boatlift.com
Tue Feb 24 14:29:30 EST 2004

Carla-
In one of my gp books it lists dandelion leaves as OK to eat, but not the
flowers.
I just pick them out of my yard when I'm collecting clover, but only where I
know
there has been no spray or other toxic substances.  But ours are the basic
green
leaf with yellow flower variety, no sappy stalks.  Maybe they would get that
way if
allowed to grow and not mowed all the time, but I would think they would be
basically
the same.
But like Christina said, it's best to check each thing as you go.  If I
collect grass, etc,
somewhere else, I wash it.  One of the gp books has pages full of foods ok
to eat, as
well as those to avoid.  I refer to it often.  If anyone is interested, I'll
bring the book
to work and give the name and author, and could even type the lists of foods
send.
Susi & OP's