[Gpdd] re: [CARE] <help!!!>

Lauren Cordeiro lauren_cordeiro at student.uml.edu
Tue Feb 24 22:19:48 EST 2004

Hi Debbie and the girls,
i believe there was a dispute a while ago on whether female GPs could "store" sperm or delay their pregnancy or something to that effect, but I don't remember what the conclusion was. (try the archives) Anyway, is her tummy hard or squishy? Because your other female was pregnant, I wouldn't reduce Mini Me's food yet, I would wait it out. Guinea pigs gestation period is supposed to be a little over two months. I would watch to be sure she is eating (from the sound of it she is :) ) and pooping and behaving normally. If she was pregnant I would suggest feeding her alfalfa, but since you're not sure maybe you should stick to a combo of grass and alfalfa until you know for sure. Also, are you sure all of your GPs are female? :) A lot of times pet stores sell GPs especially as a certain gender when they really have no clue. But probably if there was a male with the females he would have shown mating behavior by now. Just a thought, hope it works out!
BTW, what became of Poohette's babies? Are they healthy? Do you still have them?
lauren, pig and pooh

E2-O: This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by UML's antivirus scanning services.