[Gpdd] HEALTH - teeth

Louise August laugust at umich.edu
Fri Jan 2 11:40:32 EST 2004

About chew treats, etc. My pigs won't chew any on those things either. They
do love to chew on their wooden houses, the edges of the coroplast, the
bars, just about anything I'd rather they would leave alone. However...

Last fall, I trimmed an old pear tree and saved all the branches. Over the
years, I've always saved fruit tree prunings for my mom's parrots, since
you've got to be very careful to give them only non-toxic woods. Well, same
goes for piggies, can't be too careful. So I gave them a branch to try. The
pigs went WILD. Chewed all the bark off and had a grand time.

The pear tree won't need another pruning for several years, so I'd like to
find something else for the pigs to chew on.

Does any one have any ideas on what other types of wood might be non-toxic
for GPs?
Crab apples maybe? I've got several of those.

Love from all of us,
Louise and her masters, Phineas, Delilah, Hillary, Pandora, Mostly,
Neville, and Mr. Norman, the rat