[Gpdd] Baby Pig

Kristi Smith ksmith at dolores.k12.co.us
Fri Jan 2 14:19:15 EST 2004

      Hello!  I am a fourth grade teacher and I have Guinea Pigs in my classroom.  Up until Tuesday I only had one because deart Sweetpea recently passed away.  I had been waiting to get a new one until I could find a young baby.  I found a precious little girl at the local pet shop (no name yet)
          Anyway, I am writing because I want to be sure she adjusts well to life in my classroom.  That's why I thought it was best to get a very young pig.  I adopted Sweetpea from some young girls and she adapted famously to life in the classroom.  However, the second addition, Abner (who we still have) has never adapted.  He is very frightened and spends most of his time hding in his tube.  I am wondering if anyone has ay advice to help the new arrival feel safe and comfortable in here.  Thanks!