[Gpdd] MISC: Vitamin C and Grooming Piggy

Takincannon at aol.com Takincannon at aol.com
Fri Jan 2 19:01:42 EST 2004

Just wanted to mention regarding giving guinea pigs Vitamin C, my vet said
it's only necessary to give them "extra" Vitamin C when they are stressed, such
as during illness or after a surgery, and then through a syringe, not added to
their water bottles, as this is way too diluted and is not effective.
Otherwise they generally get sufficient amounts in their pellets (a good one such as
from Oxbow) and in fruits and veggies, the latter fed sparingly.

Also, a while back someone told me that guinea pigs like to "groom" other
pigs, but my Fred has been grooming the cat, and today I noticed two bald patches
in the cat's fur!  (kitty doesn't know of course, I've tried to cover it the
best I can)...Is there anyway to prevent this...is there something safe I can
put on the cat's fur to keep Fred from pulling his hair out?  I don't want to
restrict Fred's freedom and he loves the cat so much, even sleeps next to him.

Toni & Fred the Barber-Pig