[Gpdd] Health K.C. update and new development

Michael Tanaka mtanaka at hawaii.edu
Fri Jan 2 23:56:07 EST 2004

Hello everyone and everypig!  If you remember, K. C. has had a swollen
penis for the past few days.  He's been on baytril which has made his
tummy upset.  Well, last night, we gave him  tablet of baby aspirin.  This
morning, he had tiny pellets rather than dripping poo!  AND he ate all of
his breakfast.  AND nearly all of his lunch!

Okay, here's the weird part.  Michael has the next few days off from work
so he's been monitoring K. C. all day.  Late afternoon, he checks K. C.'s
penis (we haven't touched it for a day or two to let it 'rest') and it's
more swollen than he's ever seen it.  He gently presses it and
yellow-white pus shoots out of the swollen area (beneath the bone)!
Towards the end, a little blood came out.  But it was like a pimple or
something!  Can anyone give any insight into that?  What happened there?!
What is that about??!!  At the moment he seems more comfortable.  Michael
cleaned it up and applied a multi-antibiotic ointment.  We'll have to wait
and see if he starts peeing on his own.

As for the baby aspirin, does anyone know the proper dosage and length of
time that we are safely able to give it to K. C.?

Thanks in advance.

Corrine, Michael & K. C.