[Gpdd] HEALTH: K. C.'s teeth problems

Michael Tanaka mtanaka at hawaii.edu
Sat Jan 3 08:37:09 EST 2004

K. C. has a new problem tonight.  He was having difficulty eating so we
checked his teeth.  Back teeth were fine but the front bottom was broken!
We can't tell if the root is rotten.  We gently removed the tooth and put
anbesol on it for the pain.  After that, we trimmed the other bottom front
tooth down a little so that it wouldn't be that different.  At first he had
trouble eating but once we put food into his mouth and he began to chew and
he wanted more and we told him, you have to pick it up yourself, he began to
do so!  So he ate a bunch of the grass we picked for him.  Then later, he
ate from his bowl.

Which leads to our question--our Chocolate had bladder stones so we
restricted his calcium intake.  It led to his teeth being brittle and
breaking.  He always had teeth problems after that.  Do any other
stones/sludge piggies have teeth problems?  And, if so, how do you deal with
it?  Hopefully, K. C. will adjust until his tooth grows, hopefully, it will
grow! time will tell.  But for now, what can we do to help him?

Thanks for any input!

Corrine and Michael and K. C.