[Gpdd] HEALTH feeding

Bellarobi at aol.com Bellarobi at aol.com
Sat Jan 3 13:02:34 EST 2004

Hi everybody,
I believe that the more natural food guinea pigs get the better it is for
them. When I had my first guinea pig decades ago pellets, treats, and
vitamindrops were unheard of. She got hay everyday, oats, hard bread, and lots of
dandelions, carrots and apples. " Heidi" lived to be 6 1/2 years and was a very happy
pig.
Yes, I am a sucker when it comes to wanting the best for my pigs, and every
time I buy them a store-bought treat they will not touch it. I also believe
that guinea pigs know what their bodies need, and they eat accordingly.
I have a salt lick for them available at all times, and I still feel better
adding vitamin c because guinea pigs cannot synthesize it.
I agree with the owners that mentioned that preservatives can't be good for
them, and piggies only need extra vitamin and minerals when sick or pregnant.

Marion, Poly and Sweetie