[Gpdd] [HEALTH] re: Corrine, Michael & K. C. and his privats....

Jolanda van Hintum jvanhintum at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 3 13:32:39 EST 2004

Hi there,

It seems to me he had an abces in that area. My boy Harry - which I had to
clean also on a regular basis - developed a lump on the base of his penis,
but it was very much at the base, more on the inside so to say.... I took
him to the vet and they could open the abces and clean it out. I had him on
antibiotics for about 10 days and after that it seemed to be all well again.

He always kept a 'small' problem with his penis and penis-area. In the end
the vet gave me a solution that was normally used to clean the foreskin of
dogs. This helped very good, because after this he never got any infections
there again.

Not to frighten you or anything, but my vet warned me that the
abces-infection could have been transported to his bloodstream. I thought
nothing of it, but six months later I lost my beautiful boy and the reason
was most likely an abces on his stomach-wall.... so be careful and have him
checked over by a good exotics vet I think.

Good luck!
Best wishes,
Jolanda