[Gpdd] HEALTH--K. C. update

Michael Tanaka mtanaka at hawaii.edu
Sun Jan 4 07:43:41 EST 2004

Hello everyone and everypig!  Thanks for all the input and wheeks that have
been sent K. C.'s way!  They seem to have helped!

K. C.'s penis looks normal now.  It is no longer swollen.  It is no longer
red.  It is no longer sensitive.  We still put an antibiotic ointment on the
spot that had pussed.  It looks like it may be scabbing where the pus had
come out.  Translation, it looks like it's healing!  :)

As for his bottom front tooth, it looks better.  We no longer have to put
the anbesol as it doesn't look like it bothers him anymore.  It's still too
early to tell, but it may be growing back.

As for his eating--we cut up his fresh foods into little bits.  Even his
hays, we cut up into little lengths (about two to three inches).  He still
regularly eats from his bowl.

We're trying to entice him to eat anything we can get him to eat!  The best
sight is to see him eating and drinking.  :)

Oh yes, he also pees an ocean on his own.  We no longer have to express his
bladder to empty it.

K. C. is still on the baytril for another few days.  The baytril still seems
to give him bouts of diarrhea here and there.  But other than that, he's a
pretty chipper little guy.

Thank you to everyone who emailed us and expressed your concern and sent
healing wheeks!  We're still cautious, keeping a close eye on him, but he is
much better than a couple of days ago!

Thanks again,

Corrine and Michael and K. C.