[Gpdd] Re: Health...Koko and yogurt

James & Margaret Lynn jimmarg.lynn at juno.com
Mon Jan 5 21:34:55 EST 2004

Kathy S.

Yes Kathy, Koko is the same "fat little short legged critter" that tried
to run away from me several years ago.  I will never forget that day nor
will I ever plunk a guinea pig down in the middle of my garden again and
expect it to nonchalantly sit there and munch on grass.

As you may recall, Koko and I are both.....eh......fat....short
legged....so when he ran for the woods I knew that if he got that far I
would never catch him in the brush and trees.  Fortunately, after a
diving tackle which I missed, he got to the edge of the woods and stopped
in the tall grass and I caught him just before my heart gave out.  As I
was chasing him, it really did cross my mind......was catching this guy
really worth a heart attack?

Anyway, that was Koko's last excursion into the "Wilds of Michigan".  He
is now older, wiser, and enjoying his declining years with me by eating
his yogurt, veggies, hay, pellets,  and watching TV even though I think
he is now deaf.  He has been a very close loyal friend and I dread the
day when he decides it is time to "cross the bridge" and head for the
woods again.

Jim........Koko, Abby, Sassy Suzy, Speedy, and Ginger