[Gpdd] (MISC) taking piggies for walks

Susanna Brodmerkle SqrtCookies at comcast.net
Mon Jan 5 17:47:58 EST 2004

Has anyone ever tried to take their pig for a walk? I have a little adjustable "figure-8" style harness and a tiny dog Flexi retractible leash that I take my pig out in the yard on, and it seems to work quite well. I make very sure to double check that the harness is snug enough so that my piggie doesn't slip out of it. The idea is to get him used to it enough so that in the summer he can possibly go to the park occasionally. Any thoughts on this-it's horrible, don't do it, I've tried it before and it works, etc.? I'm planning on making a C&C cage later on when I can find the cubes (anyone in New Mexico gotten any recently?-I'm having problems finding them, I get blank looks in Wal-Mart and Target, and I'm not a CostCo member) and was thinking that the cubes could be attached to each other with cable ties to make a sort of excercise pen, but I'm afraid my dog (who is about 50 lbs-he's not small) might knock it over and set the piggie free. He follows the piggie very closely when the pig's out for a walk, but shows no inclination to bite-but I'm not sure about the x-pen idea-maybe a top for it? any ideas are welcomed! Thanks tons in advance! whoever thought up the idea for a piggie list is wonderful, and forever has my thanks-I'm not sure what I woud do without it! Susanna