[Gpdd] Announcement: Once agaihn I am late...

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Tue Jan 6 00:41:08 EST 2004

Once again I must apologize for my tardiness in offering my most sincere
condolences to three of the subscribers on the passing of their little ones. I am
speaking of those grieving parents left behind by Abby who was 7 1/2 years
old, Fred who was only 2 1/2 and a third whose name has been lost due to ALL my
emails having been obliterated while rebuilding this computer. The third of
which I speak passed over the bridge just shortly before and was in a posting
shortly before Christmas. This little one is by no means ANY LESS important to me
than any of those that I have spoken of to date. So with reference to this
third little one I respectfully ask that the little guys mother of father to
please Email me with the his/her name and age and how they passed on so I can
properly and respectfully recognize his/her passing. I am embarrassed that I am
not able to remember so please do excuse me and respond by email. I speak now
of Fred and Abby who recently made the trip over the bridge. How very strange
it is to speak of two little lives each the same and each so different. The
same in the respect that each had wonderful lives. Lives the were filled with
nothing but love and caring...with parsley, greens and carrots in abundance and
every day bringing more of the same. Yet different in that with God's grace,
Abby lived to the fine old age of 7 1/2 years. I say this knowing that to Debra,
it could NEVER have been that long. What can be said for the passing of Fred,
only 2 1/2 years young. If there is wisdom in God's plan then in Fred's life
that wisdom was to take him without allowing him to suffer as he prepared for
the trip. Up until just one day before he made crossed over the bridge, he was
his old self, STILL ringing the bell and keeping his loving mom Debra busier
than a one armed paper hanger. I can hear her now reading this and hearing her
heart saying..."how very right that is but it was the absolute labor of love.
A labor we ALL afford our little girls and boys and would do it until the day
WE crossed over the bridge. Toni Spoke of thinking she might have been able
to do more had she reacted earlier to the almost imperceptible signs. To her, I
offer that you did all you need to do not only when you did take Abby to the
vet but for the ENTIRE 2 and 1/2 years of love you gave her. She could have
asked for no more than that and BELIEVE me they KNOW when you love them. It's
that electricity not only YOU feel when you pick them up or hear them purr but
what THEY feel as well. Fred, Abby and ALL of our little ones I KNOW sense
gentleness and care we all take in the simple act of picking them up and out of
their "houses" be it to feed them their cornucopia on the table while YOU eat
dinner like our guy George, or to place them on the floor to get into all kinds
of trouble. It doesn't matter in the least, they glow inside just as we do. So
never feel you could have done more and know that it is not what you have NOT
done, it is what you have. And if you subscribe to this newsletter, you LOVE
your little ones more and more every day. Especially when you read so often
how some must leave in a blink of an eye. What is identical in the passing of
both Fred and Abby is that both Toni and Debra feel as though their lives were
made fuller by these little guys regardless of chronology, but for no more than
an instant, a blink of an eye and to think years have gone by could not
possibly be true. No one promises tomorrow so thank God EVERY day for "one more
day" with your little loved ones. Treat EVERY DAY as though you might not have
your guy tomorrow. If you do these things, will it lessen the tears, will it
ease the pain in your heart maybe not. What it will do is make you realize that
it is not what you could have done but rather what you have done. And THAT is
infinitely more healing. So once again, please accept my deepest and most
sincere regrets on the loss of these most precious of God's gifts to your hearts.
They wait for you patiently out of sight just over the bridge but NEVER out of
your hearts.

Sincerely,

Joseph C. Petrillo, George the guinea pigs daddy