[Gpdd] Re: MISC- Cats & Piggies Update + My Website!

Rebekah rivkahe at castledesk.com
Tue Jan 6 10:57:19 EST 2004

Madi-

alright, I've got the same problem with my cat Romeo and my two pigs Kahly
and Marvin.... Romeo just LOVES to jump on top of their cage and shove his
leg through the bars to chase them around the cage.... I've caught him
doing this more than once and have since had to keep my door shut at all
times... having them out is also a problem because I am unable to allow the
pigs floor time for fear of the cats attacking them.... so kahly and marvin
just sit on chests/laps/shoulders/tummys..... still romeo likes to jump on
the couch while we sit there with the pigs and he sits on the back, staring
at them... i'm always afraid he'll try to pounce.... so I just push him
away gently, and when I put the pigs up, I give romeo some attention
time... i find this is the best way to deter him from attacking my cavy
friends, because he doesnt feel threatened that they are taking over his
territory..........

well hope that helped a little (though I'm sure it didnt >_<)

Warm wheeks to all!

Rebekah,
Slave to Kahlua P. Lette (Kahly), Marvin,
and waiting 'cross the bridge, Lucy

PS to all: can anyone tell me a cheap way of making the pigs a hidy hole in
their cage that they wont eat/knock over?  I've tried using cardboard box
tops from soda boxes but they like to chew them or pull them over... and
once they've chewed them enough, kahly pulls the hidy hole over and then
they cant get in it... HELP!